Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, and MORE

Barbara Kingsolver is in town!  Although I have loved her writing ever since I read The Poisonwood Bible about seven years ago, I was completely intrigued by Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, the 2010-11 choice for the VT Common Book.  I had hoped to write a series of posts about the book, the idea of local food, and other related topics, and may still write more about these topics later.  Earlier this summer, I did create a Local Foods Subject Guide that addresses many of the issues that I'd like to blog about.  Take a look if you're interested in that!

For now, though, I want to let everyone know that there is a fabulous exhibit in Newman Library (put together by yours truly and Outreach Librarian Jennifer Nardine), on the glass shelves when you first walk into the library.  Here, we've gathered other books written by Kingsolver and other books related to local food, sustainable living, and cooking.

Today, for my loyal blog readers, I bring a virtual version of this exhibit to you:

Other Books by Barbara Kingsolver:
If you're in the mood to cook, then browse TX642-TX840 (5th floor) for a wide variety of cookbooks that you can check out of the library!  A few cookbooks that might fit into this virtual exhibit are:

No comments:

Post a Comment