Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy National Library Week!

Image from www.haynerlibrary.org
I've been remiss in my role as a librarian blogger this week!  I have so far failed to wish you all a Happy National Library Week!

National Library Week celebrates the important work done in and around libraries in the USA.  The American Library Association had a full week of events and programs, all of which you can check out here:  http://www.ala.org/ala/conferencesevents/celebrationweeks/natlibraryweek/index.cfm.

And on this Friday, I will leave you all with a CNN article:  Librarians:  Masters of the Info Universe.  I even learned something from this article--the American Library Association reported that, during 2010, reference librarians answered an average of 5.7 million reference questions per week!

No comments:

Post a Comment