Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ACC Interdisciplinary Forum & University Libraries

Earlier this week, I presented during the ACC Interdisciplinary Forum for Discovery in Life Sciences.  I know that several of you HNFE folks are presenting today, and I was really hoping to be able to attend your sessions! Because the schedule got moved around a bit, and there was some confusion over who was presenting when, I wanted to post the presentation that I gave on Tuesday.

Entitled "Discovery of Technology:  Tools for Research Management and Interdisciplinary Collaboration," the presentation really could have been called "From the Library to the Lab..."  After listening to many of the presentations from Monday and Tuesday, I thought a lot about how important it is for you all to be able to quickly and efficiently consume and disseminate relevant literature.  The tools mentioned in this presentation should help with that.  In case you don't make it to the very end of the presentation, I'll go ahead and let you know what I think the most important tool for you may be:  the librarian!

 Enjoy the presentation (below) and let me know if you have any questions, or would like to know anything more about the tools mentioned below. A big thanks to Allison Scripa for assisting in developing the presentation. Update: it looks like SlideShare interpreted a few of the images/slides strangely...let us know if you have any questions or trouble interpreting the information!

No comments:

Post a Comment