Monday, November 29, 2010

Fall 2010 Semester in Review...

This is the time of the semester where I start reviewing what happened and anticipating the next semester....  Because of this, I decided it was time to send my semesterly update to all of the departments that I work with.  For HNFE, the following initiatives are the ones that I consider most successful:

  • Weekly Librarian Office Hours in Wallace 342-A (every Thursday, 3-5 p.m.).  Check back at the beginning of next semester for an update on Spring 2011 Librarian Office Hours!
  • This blog.  Google Analytics tells me that this blog has an international following.  Hello, readers in Sydney, Australia!  
  • Instruction and research consultations.  I met with three HNFE classes over the course of the Fall 2010 semester; the course guides for each of these classes can be found here:  http://www.lib.vt.edu/subjects/hnfe/index.html.  I've already received requests to speak with several classes during Spring 2011, so contact me now if you'd like me to visit your class and/or develop online course materials!  
  • Updating HNFE-related library collections.  Although I post a monthly sampling of the new books that we acquire here at Virginia Tech Libraries, you can stay up to date on new materials by following this page:  http://dsp.lib.vt.edu/newbooks/newbooks.php. I welcome your recommendations, so just let me know if there are any materials you'd like to suggest for the libary to purchase.  
  • Social networking.  Virginia Tech Libraries now has a Facebook page and a Twitter account.  Additionally, the SciTech Reference Desk has its own Facebook page.  Check them out!  

Finally, take a look at the image below:  it's a word cloud depicting all of my blog posts this semester.  What do you think--representative of what goes on here?  Click through to enlarge the image.  


Wordle: Fall 2010 Semester in Review
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2803475/Fall_2010_Semester_in_Review

No comments:

Post a Comment