Sunday, January 30, 2011

Post #3 (Day 5--Last Day!): Library Day in the Life Project Round 6

Okay, so this Library Day in the Life post is two days late--with good reason:

[7:00 a.m.]:  Woke up with sore throat, shivery, achey.  Decided that maybe going into work and getting going would make me feel better...

[8:00-9:00 a.m.]  Made it to the office, checked and answered email, updated this blog and my professional development blog, and checked on a few items I am thinking of purchasing for my collections.  Still wasn't feeling better, but decided to keep working, since I had a three hour desk shift coming up.

[9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.]  Desk shift!  Thankfully, the shift was very quiet.  Not many "real" reference questions; most questions were directional or about lost books.

[12 p.m.]  Decided to go home after my reference shift, since I was still feeling pretty bad.

Public service librarians, like me, come into contact with a lot of people (and germs) on a daily basis, and may be exposed to seasonal bugs, like the flu.  Although I got my flu shot this year, I'm pretty sure that some sort of flu-like illness got me down for the past few days.  Regardless, it's now Sunday, I'm feeling much better, but am back in the office, catching up on things (my educational psychology lessons for the week, my lesson planning for next week, conference presentation for next week, and chapter proposal) I intended to finish on Friday afternoon.

And thus ends Library Day in the Life Round 6--I'm already looking forward to Round 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment