Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Books: August 2011

Although it's now halfway through September, it's never too late to discuss new books that we've recently added to our collection here at Newman Library! Each month, the library posts all of the new books that we added the previous month, and on this blog, I highlight a few of these new books that I think readers of this blog might be particularly interested in.  All of the books listed below are available for check out--unless someone gets to the library before you do!

As always, remember that you can view the entire August 2011 new books list here, and even request that I purchase something for our collection!  Now is a particularly good time for requesting books, since I've just started spending my 2011-12 book budget.


An Irresistible History of Southern Food:  Four Centuries of Black-eyed Peas, Collard Greens, and Whole Hog Barbecue

Read a quick summary!



Hunger and Obesity:  Understanding a Food Insecurity Paradigm

Read a quick summary!



Lobster:  A Global History

Read a quick summary!


The Compass of Pleasure:  How our Brains Make Fatty Foods, Orgasm, Exercise, Marijuana, Generosity, Vodka, Learning, and Gambling Feel So Good

Read a quick summary and a few reviews!



Around my French Table:  More than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours

Read a brief review!

No comments:

Post a Comment