Friday, December 2, 2011

A Few Noteworthy Items...

I can't believe that Thanksgiving was last week, and that we're already finishing up the last full week of classes for the semester.  This post is mainly a hodgepodge of news and events related to the library--next week, I'll begin a week-long series of posts on research and study tips, but for now, here's what we have going on in the library that you may want to know about:


  • HNFE Librarian Office Hours:  I will be holding ONE more office hours session in Wallace Hall this semester (note:  there will be no office hours on Tuesday, 12/6).  I will be in Wallace Atrium next Wednesday, December 7 from 9:00-10:30 a.m.  Please stop by if you have any research or other questions for me!  Otherwise, don't hesitate to schedule a consultation session with me.  I'll be here up until the University closes on December 23, so just let me know how I can help!
  • VT Author Recognition Day Announcement:  Did you publish or edit a book during 2011?  Make sure we know about it so we can recognize you in February at our annual Author Recognition event!
  • Free Coffee is Back:  From December 8 (next Thursday) through December 15, Newman Library will have extended hours for exams AND FREE COFFEE!  If you're up late studying, be sure to swing by.
  • The Grateful Gobbler is also Back:  Through January 3, we will be collecting food for the Giving Tree Food Pantry (a local charity).  Be sure to donate, especially if you don't want to leave any food in your dorm or apartment over break!
  • Changes in Library Hours:  During exams, and then break, Newman Library will have varied hours.  Always check the website (linked above) to see what the hours are on any given day!  
There are a lot of exciting changes happening at the Libraries over the next few months, so I imagine that I will be writing about a few more noteworthy items very, very soon.  Until next week:  happy writing, studying, researching, and relaxing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment