Thursday, May 26, 2011

Citation Fox

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post here!  Over the course of the past week, I've been involved with internal summer workshops, here at the library, and Camp QEP for all of the Pathways to Success courses that will be starting up in the fall.  The two overlapping workshop schedules haven't left much time for blogging, but I did come across an interesting resource that I wanted to share with you all:  Citation Fox!

Unlike bibliographic managers that organize and create bibliographic references for you (like EndNote, Zotero, or Mendeley), Citation Fox merely provides examples of citations for the MLA and APA formats, along with special notes about each example.  However, the beauty of this resource lies in its depth:  Citation Fox gives examples for over 500 different types of resources for these two formats.  It's still in Beta, and will probably grow quite a bit soon, but I'm already finding that I'm using it to double check citations.

Take a look and see for yourself:  http://library.albany.edu/cfox

No comments:

Post a Comment