Monday, August 15, 2011

Top Ten Services: 10...9...

The countdown has begun!  This time next week, the 2011-2012 school year will have officially started.  To celebrate, I will be hosting my own countdown, right here on this blog:  Top 10 Services of the HNFE Librarian...

10.  Books
Did you know that I have a budget devoted to buying books for HNFE students, faculty, and staff?  I do, and I am taking requests!  Although we generally avoid purchasing textbooks, please let me know if you have any recommendations for ways that we can make our library collection more relevant to your research, instruction, and personal needs.  Use this form to recommend a book purchase.  You can also just send me an email!  Journal subscriptions come out of a different budget, but if you have a recommendation for a journal subscription, you can email me that, as well.

9.  Subject guides
While University Libraries has always offered subject guides to help students (and anyone, really) start research in a particular area, we unveiled our NEW and IMPROVED subject guides today!  Take a look, and be sure to check out the new HNFE subject guide.  I'll definitely be showing this in any classes that I teach in the fall...

Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment of the Top Ten Services of the HNFE Librarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment